Today is day 39 of writing something every day. It is good to reflect on how things are going. A few weeks back I performed the same exercise.
- I still get anxious when having not written anything by end of day. This is not every day, not sure how to address this.
- My writing is getting better, but it still sucks and needs work. You are your own worse critic. Side note – my grammar is improving.
- A lot of times it is my thoughts that make it to the page. What’s on my mind tends to get written that day.
- Themes are popping up. Perhaps that too is indicative of what I am thinking about.
- I have ideas throughout the day and think this is a great thing to write about, but then forget later. There has to be a good mechanism to record these things. I will experiment with different methods.
- The commitment to write every day is still there most days, but occasionally it’s not. That’s ok, those are the days for one or two sentences – like yesterday.
- Writing is still hard, takes discipline, but has many rewards.
While this is not an exhaustive list, it is what is on my mind 39 days in. Every now and then I will check in to see how I am doing and review my progress.